Sunday, April 17, 2011

Maryn is TWO!

"Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Maryn's 2nd birthday party?"
Brought to you by the letter M and the number 2.


I was almost 37 weeks pregnant, 5 days before baby boy arrived, and I was running around like there wasn't another human being growing inside of me...that's probably what put me into labor. We planned the party two weeks prior to her actual day of birth because I had a sneaky suspicion that this kid would follow his sisters footsteps.
I can see it in her eyes...she is genuinely grateful for this special day. God she is so sweet.

She practiced the two finger symbol for a couple weeks
Attempted to be neat and tidy...
...but realized this was much easier


Uncle Tim and his friend Mikaela SPOIL Miss M rotten!!! Not just with toys and clothes, but with pure L.O.V.E.!


Muwah!
Celebrating with friends...Rowan & Naomi
Ashton is gonna play softball just like her momma
Pressley
Baxton
Lily
We decorated Big Birds birdhouse...it was a mess!




Two year old snapshots
Me, Maryn and Mac


Lauren playing Oscar's trash toss





Maryn Amelia is a smart little thing. She knows all her colors, can pretty much count to ten (often skipping six) and is getting so close to knowing her alphabet (often skipping the letter E). She can sing 'twinkle twinkle little star' and her vocabulary is crazy. Sometimes she says the sweetest things..."I wanna reach the moon-a, mama". Benham's arrival put a little expected dent in her potty training but we'll get back on track soon. She loves all things Mickey Mouse. She would probably sit for hours to listen to us read her books. She still takes 3 hour naps...bless you child, and sleeps 12 hours at night without ever making a peep. That reminds me...I need to dust off my copy of Babywise...baby boot camp starts in a couple weeks.

Two fingers again.
The birds are fighting over this house
We couldn't have planned Benham's early arrival any better...Poppop and Grandma were still in town from their visit for Maryn's birthday party. They were able to be here for his birth!
And Poppop and Nanny had just left to go home...they had to turn around and come back:)
A very loved child with generous friends and family
And since we celebrated two weeks early, I couldn't let the 15th pass us by with my butt still laying on the couch. So, Poppop and Nanny helped me make Mimi feel special again. A day all about Maryn.
A morning at the park...
a picnic outside...
books and trains at Barnes and Noble...and her free KidsClub cupcake...


After all the attention has been on the new man of the house...it was nice to spoil blondie for a day...despite the swelling I experienced after being on my feet for five hours.

Poppop was in charge of Benham
I put my feet up for three hours and then we were off again...to dinner with her godfather, Uncle Tim.
He spent $3 to win her this stuffed animal from one of those arcade games with the metal claw.
More gifts

I look a little worn and torn but I made it through the day and we documented Benham's first dining out experience.
Happy 2nd Birthday Maryn Amelia. May you always 'wanna reach the moon-a' baby! Your sweet nature and gentle heart will attract many friends. Be kind to your enemies and love like you want to be loved. Your daddy and I peek on you every night before we go to sleep...we stand over your bed in awe of how gorgeous you are and most recently, we look at you and can't believe how big you've grown! Just the other night, daddy leaned over and kissed your forehead and said "I love you"....you rolled over and with your eyes still closed, said "I love you too, daddy". Now that is what parenting is all about! We love you baby girl!

1 comment:

kiplinghousblog.com said...

So Sweet Reba - what a beautiful little family you've got there. Wish I could'a had some of that darling cake! I'm going to need to steal this birthday idea some day. Just adorable. XO. Happy Birthday Mimi!