Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How we measure up

This beautiful peaceful child had his first doctors appointment at five days old and weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz., which isn't much of a weight loss from birth...this kid seriously would have been like 9lbs! He shrunk a half inch and measured 20.5 in., head circumference 34.5 cm.
Ben is the sleepiest newborn I have ever known...it is very rare to capture a picture with his eyes open.

It's true what they say about subsequent children...not only do you become more forgetful but the little things that you made into big things with your first child return to their former state of being little things. I forgot to bring my camera to Benham's first appointment...what kind of mother am I? So, we brought in the stand by, the phone's camera. I took a cute video but it won't transfer to my computer...I'm working on it.
Ben's nightly lounge during story time.

We returned to the doctors yesterday for his weight recheck and fat boy weighed 8 lb. 3 oz.! He's a weed! And Lady M had her 2 year old well child check up and it appears that she is average across the board.
27 lb. 50th percentile
33.5 in. 50th percentile
head circumference 47 cm 50th percentile

But come on, look at this child...she is anything but average.
I've tried really hard to keep her life as routine as possible. Nanny helped me take Mimi to Gymboree last week and today, I packed the kids up myself and we ventured there again. Ben hangs in his sling and M dances and runs and plays. Seeing her so happy is worth all the effort!

No comments: