Thursday, April 14, 2011

Benham is 1 week old

Recovery this go around has been a little more intense than it was two years ago so we have been hanging around the house A LOT! And if you know me...this is killing me! It is a rare day in our house when Mimi and I don't venture out, either for recreation, exercise, Gymboree or shopping. The television is rarely on. The addition of Sir Benham has given Mimi the freedom of watching just a little bit more Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Sesame Street. I think she likes having Ben around. I like having him around too.

Benham Austin is ONE WEEK OLD! Oh me oh my!

Check out this kids long lanky chicken legs


As I'm resting on the couch and look over to see this trio, I can't help but jump out of my body and hover over them...trying to preserve the innocence of it all.
I am telling you...this is the only time this boy has cried!
And this is the closest that Bode has been allowed to hover over Ben. We keep him about 2 feet away from the new baby for about 2 weeks to establish the tiny humans rank in our pack.
Nanny has been cooking dinner, doing laundry, vacuuming Bode's hair balls, lifting Maryn on and off the potty and allowing me 10 minutes every day to shower for the last week. She goes home tomorrow:(
Monday...reality sets in.
No one's searching for attention in our house...no one:)

Auntie Heidi had to sneak her peek

First bath

Daddy concentrating on his meticulous circ. care. He takes this very seriously.
And in honor of Benham's first bath at home, Mimi took her first shower.
And now, 'baths are for babies'

3 comments:

Jamie said...

It's the return of the big white chair! YAY! Benham is so adorable!

Emily Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Ruth said...

Congrats Rebecca, Mac, Maryn, and Bode on the fabulous new addition to your family! Rebecca, Benham is absolutely precious and I loved seeing his sweet pictures! I can't wait to meet him! Love, prayers, and blessings for your whole family! See you soon! :)