Monday, April 18, 2011

Boys, boys, boys...

My best friend from high school and college and Maryn's godmother, Kristen and her husband Patrick, welcomed their first baby into this world on April 11, 2011...3 weeks and 2 days early. We were due one week apart from each other and both boys decided that they would rather not wait any longer. I think Charlie was just trying to keep up with Benham...he couldn't let him reach the finish line too far ahead of him:) My love for this child makes my heart swell and it's killing me not to be with him, smothering his precious face with kisses!
Charles Gordon
April 11, 2011
6 lb. 5 oz.

And another very dear friend of mine from grade school and high school, Meghan and her husband Ryan, welcomed their twin boys Peter and Tommy on March 21, 2011...4 weeks early! I'm telling you...these four boys are already competitive! They join their big sister Maisie who is 19 months old...I channel a lot of my prayers toward Meghan:) Although, I really don't think she needs them...she can juggle these kids with her eyes closed.
Thomas Edward 5 lb. 2 oz.
Peter Ryan 5 lb. 10 oz.
March 21, 2011
And since Benham's birth was a little bit of a surprise and unexpected, I totally forgot to get one last belly pic! By the time I remembered that I wanted one, I was hooked up to monitors and they were prepping me for surgery. So, I looked back to see what was the last shot we took. It was the evening before his birthday and I had gone to Target to look for some shirts to get me through the next three weeks. It was there, in the florescent lit dressing room, that they sneered their ugly face at me...STRETCH MARKS!! I stood there in disbelief, I went numb and then I started crying. I had three more weeks of this growing belly to endure and these ugly scars were only going to get worse. I dropped the shirts, dressed myself and cried the entire drive home. That evening, I lathered my gut with Palmer's cocoa butter and wrapped it in Saran Wrap. I took this picture and sent it to Meghan since she could sympathize with me...but come on, she was pregnant with twins. I avoided stretch marks with my first pregnancy and never thought I would fall victim. I'm in the market for some really good and effective stretch mark cream...do share your secret beauty tips with me. Another reason why my children are so good to me...they come early! And, another lesson learned...never get naked in a Target dressing room!

1 comment:

Anne Simmons said...

ok, first of all both of your babies are beautiful!! i couldn't be happier about ben's arrival. he is such a sweet little peanut!! i can't wait to see Mare Bear and Big Ben in June! secondly, you are such a freak to put plastic wrap on your belly!! hahaha. love you!! A