Tuesday, April 5, 2011

37 weeks...and Bayley Boy's Birthday!


Our sweet Bayley would have been 9 years old today...and we still should have had about 4 more birthdays to celebrate with him. Some things in life are difficult to understand. I have a tendency to ask "why me...why is this happening?", when things don't go quite as I had planned. Mac is my strength and most times, before I can get the "is this happening?" part out of my mouth, he's already interjected and reminded me that I need to stop asking why?. We had 6 great years with this dog who taught us the real meaning of unconditional love and sacrifice. He will forever hold a very special place in our hearts and a place in my memory that will never forget. He absolutely was the greatest dog on earth!
Happy 9th Birthday you Ol' Man!






I hope that you're treated like a king today up There! I can only imagine how delicious the cake must taste in heaven. Save me a slice, buddy.

As I wipe away my tears, I find such joy in my anticipation for this new little boy to arrive. Pregnancy and new life is just about the coolest thing I have ever experienced. The fact that I have my son just chillin' in my belly never becomes mundane or ordinary to me. I have enjoyed every minute of this pregnancy, even the non existent immune system that he's given me. I'd go through anything for this child...even last months bout of pneumonia...ten times over again! He is still breech and I (or Mac) keep catching myself asking 'why me?'. He's found a comfy spot and hasn't moved since he was 26 weeks, I admire his conviction. He's going to be my stubborn one. I have an external cephalic version scheduled for next Tuesday...my doctor is going to try and work her magic to help my little bull headed boy flip. Say a little prayer that God gives her guidance and that Benham obeys orders. Maryn arrived at 37 weeks and 6 days and the version is scheduled for 38 weeks to the day...so he needs to NOT follow in his sisters footsteps by at least a day!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh sweet Bayley - I only wish I would have had the chance to meet him :) Good luck with the version - we'll think good thoughts! If not, he can be a great C-section baby like Abby, Whit, and myself!