Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You're right...it's about choices!

Kendra, you're totally right!! No wonder you've got your master's degree from Harvard! Life IS about choices. Before Maryn, I could never keep track of Mac's schedule. He would play basketball at 6 am a couple times a week before work, he played on 3 separate teams...softball, soccer and basketball. I never knew what time his alarm would go off. I worked crazy hours and different days each week. We sort of updated eachother on a day by day basis...he'd let me know he had a game the day before or day of and I'd tell him my work schedule as I was showering and actually heading into work that night. I would go to the gym when I wanted, shop when I wanted and SLEEP when I wanted. Our little Miss Maryn has given the word 'choice', a new meaning. You're right....I don't choose to feed her in the middle of the night or change a poopie diaper when I've nestled myself comfortly on the sofa. I don't choose to rock her when she starts crying and my dinner is getting cold on the table...she chooses these things. BUT, I DO choose to wake up each and every day in a positive mood. When Maryn wakes up at 3 am and won't sooth herself back to sleep, I sit and nurse her *half awake* and remind myself that these days won't last for long. I look at her tiny little fingers, her little nose, her little toes, and then she softly puts her hand on my chest and suddenly all of the exhaustion in my body disappears and I become grateful for that quiet moment in her big white chair. I want to soak up every moment with her because we can't turn back time...she only gets bigger and wiser from here on out.
These are the days.





I think this girl is starting to teeth! Crazy! She's drooling and gnawing on her hands constantly. These little critters do this up to a couple months prior to cutting teeth. So, I'm guessing she'll have some pearly whites in the next couple of months.

She makes me laugh out loud!

Daddy was watching a very important soccer game on t.v.

Poor Bode kept bringing his tennis ball over to play but daddy was fixed on the tube!

Maryn has really turned into such a content little girl. I use to have to time my showers for when she was napping, but nowadays she just hangs out in her pack n play and talks to herself!

...and gnaws on her fingers :)

"Thanks auntie Marita for the adorable dress! Same plum color as your bridesmaids dresses...the dress that mommy didn't get the chance to wear because she gave birth to pretty 'ole me 3 days earlier....I roll like that"
I wanted to welcome my gradeschool friend Meghan's little girl into the world!
Margaret Hazel "Maisie"
a gift from God delivered to this earthly world on
August 2 7:36 pm
7 lbs 3 oz
Welcome sweet baby MAISIE!!!
We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Maisie is super excited about her shout out! Now she is demanding a visit from Maryn...:) I can't wait for our babes to meet each other some day! It will be wonderful!!!!
Meg

The Grammarian said...

Back atchya from Boston, too!

Speaking of choices, can't get enough of M-belle's fashions. She is such a fashion plate!

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

I remember sitting there trying to soak in the moment at 2am-just reminding myself that in a blink of an eye things change!!!
Hey-I'm kinda stealing the birthday weekend plans you had for Mac. I'm throwing Aaron a surprise 30th bday and planning golf for the guys the next day-thanks for the blueprint to follow! Soooo if you're looking for an excuse to come to Ohio at the end of Sept..... :)

Dave, Krysten, Andrew, and Kira said...

I'm sure you already know I am a stalker - love to see Maryn and all she's up to!! It's fun to see how others set up and do their blog too. For me, I love to get new ideas, recipes, advice, etc from other moms and friends! It's a blessing to be involved in and share the lives of friends :)