Monday, August 3, 2009

Family..Friends and summer fun!

We have been having such a fun summer and little lady is growing so quickly. Every week she seems to enjoy something new. She still loves those hands, standing up and her pup Bode but now she is really starting to giggle at funny things that we do....she likes when I dance and raise her high above my head...she busts out into the most adorable cackle!! She was cute as a button today so we took a couple pictures. I've taken over 2000 pictures since the day she was born....is that normal for a first born child?

Alright alright...she doesn't love EVERYTHING I do!

Maryn Amelia...our little REDhead!!! It looks so much more red in pictures though...she's actually turning into a strawberry dirty blonde! Will that description fit on her driver's license?





I worked my first dayshift at work on Sunday...7am to 7pm, which ends up being about 14 hours away from the house. It was hard leaving her ALL day but Mac was a sweetheart and brought her to work at 12:30 so I could feed her and we could eat lunch together. It was such a sweet break in my day and made the rest of my shift go by quickly. I think I actually called Mac more times than he called me at work. It rained all day so he couldn't take her outside and she loves being outside...calms her immediately. He did take her to Lowe's though:)
Most moms who go back to work find it a source of intellectual stimulation away from changing dirty diapers, feeding bottles, and soothing a crying baby, but for me...going to work only means that instead of doing this for one baby, I have a full 12 hour day of doing it for 2-3 babies. So basically, my life consists of poopy diapers and more poopy diapers. I secretly love poopy diapers:) To be honest, I love the fact that Maryn is finally pooping on a regular basis these days. For the last month, she has been constipated and squirmy from the discomfort. I have been anemic and was on high dose iron supplement...finally, I put two and two together...stopped taking the iron and Maryn is finally comfortable and REGULAR again! Anemia causes fatigue so without my iron, I'll probably be a lot more fatigued than I already am!! It's worth keeping my little poodle comfortable though.




Saturday, we went to Hilton Head to see my friend Kristen and her husband, Patrick who were there vacationing with their family. I use to go to Hilton Head every summer with Kristen and her family when we were in highschool so it was fun to be back there.


Maryn hanging out with her godmother








Auntie Kristen and her husband Patrick.
Mac and Patick played golf while us ladies hung out at the pool


Auntie Heidi came to our pool to play with Maryn. This little girl LOVES the water!
She wore herself out....she's starting to rub her eyes when she's tired and needs a nap...so sweet!

3 months old

This girl loves to stand! If she's fussy, all you have to do is put her feet on the table and she pops straight up with a smile on her face.

Bode stole a kiss

Welcome to the world Christian Allen Loeper!! My cousin and his wife had a little boy on July 28th. He's a marine, stationed in Beaufort, where my parents live, so we get to see them often. We went down on Friday so we could see the newest addition to the Loeper family. He's adorable! I bought him this camo onesie...his daddy loved it!



Maryn's great uncle Bryan feeding her her first brownie!


Look how BIG Maryn looks next to Christian. It's amazing how much a human can grow in only 3 months! As I was holding Christian....I got that "I want another baby feeling" in my gut!! Stay tuned on that :)

She's patting his head because she knows that in a couple months, Christian's going to be bigger than her!

Cory's wife, Amanda

I have a cute video of Maryn that won't download so I'll try again later!


1 comment:

The Grammarian said...

Cannot get enough of this dumpling.