Friday, August 14, 2009

Tricks of the trade

Our savior has arrived...well, maybe not our Savior but she may as well have been sent from God. Her name is Sophie the giraffe! My friend Lindsay told me about this 'must have' and she was right! Maryn couldn't get enough of Sophie in her mouth. I swear she is teething and this silly rubber giraffe is pure bliss in her world. Lindsay and I share advice back and forth (her Lila is a month older than Maryn)...she traded me the Sophie tip for my cold mist humidifier tip. Maryn use to wake up every morning with a stuffy nose and I would have to use saline drops and a bulb syringe. I finally bought a cold mist humidifier (make sure it's cold NOT warm) to run at night...no more boogies! An added bonus to the humidifier is that it has a motor that creates a white noise that aids in her sleeping 10.5 hours at night! woot woot

"get in my belly!"




I worked last night so Mac had bath and bed duty here at home. I too had bath and bed duty but for two little babes that weren't my own. So, tonight...mommy was back to her 'real job'! I had finished nursing Maryn and I just couldn't stop sniffing the rolls in her neck. What is it about the smell of a babies neck that makes her mother melt into a complete and vulnerable pile of mush?

One last smooch before leaving for work


Thank you great aunt Sarah and uncle Kevin for the cozy little booties..oh my goodness they are so cute!


She carries her doll around by its' pigtails

Poppop babysitting




4 comments:

TJ and Katie said...

Where do you get the giraffe? Nora is drooling and wanting something in her mouth constantly!

Katie Crawmer said...

Hey Reba and Maryn! Anne gave me the link to your blog and I love all the pics and commentary. What a time piece for you and your family. Anywho, just wanted to let you know that Jane is teething too and she likes Sophie but she also likes to suck her pea pod from "Under the Nile." I am going to try to start a little e-mail list of all the Miami Mamas who have had or are having babies so we can swap advice...will get on that when I have a free moment!!

xo Katie Crawmer (Deyo)

said...

Love the booties! too cute!!

scummings said...

We love the "eating" pictures! So much for planning - Maryn said "I want food, now - not next month!"