Thursday, August 20, 2009

Life...through rose-colored glasses

If only we could all live our lives through the eyes of a child. Maryn has really helped me to put my life into perspective and realize the difference between my 'needs' and my 'accessories'. Now granted, 'accessories' like these rose colored glasses may not be an actual 'need' but they sure do make our days hanging out together that much more enjoyable :) (Thank you Hamiltons!) Mare lives her life in search of few things...a good hot meal, a warm cozy bed (or chest), clean panties, and LOVE!! Truly, that's all we really need. I am currently in a 'saving spree'! I'm going to try really hard to cut coupons and to buy generic cereal and meat that's on sale at the grocery for example. I also need to muster up some self control and bite my credit card when all I want to do is slap that puppy down on the counter at my favorite boutiques! I 'need' to buy a killer new pair of jeans that will flatter my *new* figure and then I found a pair of amazing leather boots that I'm currently picturing myself in, strutting down the brick sidewalks on King Street this fall pushing Maryn. Saving spree, Rebecca, saving spree!









Just to reiterate...another Maryn 'need' :)


Happy Shopping y'all! sniff sniff


5 comments:

Anne Simmons said...

those glasses are hysterical and i love her dress! i definitely need to buy a "sophie". did you get it on diapers.com? love y'all! kisses to sweet baby maryn. she's getting so big!! xo, aunt anne

The Grammarian said...

I need to borrow M's glasses and see our floor, now covered in play-dough, for what it really is: an expression of creativity. Oh yeah. Happy weekend.

Anne said...

You could always use cloth diapers....and save a ton! She is a cutie!

Jaclyn Slattery said...

OMG. those glasses and those CHEEKS!! I miss the little peanut butter!! Give her kisses from Aunt Jac

The Ziejewski Family said...

Good luck with the coupons - if you need more go to www.coupons.com. They always have Huggies and baby food coupons. And, www.momsbyheart.net has links to a bunch of blogs that list the grocery store bargains and how to get them. Maybe you can save enough at the grocery store so you can go get those new boots!!!