Saturday, July 18, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

...take me out to the crowd...buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks, I don't care if we ever get back...
Maryn had a week full of baseball...and daddy was grinning from ear to ear!
Born in Chicago and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, I miss my summer memories of heading to the baseball field to watch the Indians. It's one of the best things about summers in Cleveland and since we don't have a major league team here...single A baseball will have to do. It's still a reason to eat a footlong hotdog and a bag of peanuts (or boiled peanuts down here in the south), do the wave in the stands, stand up and sing during the 7th inning stretch, and just spend the evening with my family watching some good American ball!
We took Maryn to the Riverdogs game on Friday night and she did great! We had to leave before the fireworks because she was getting hungry and tired but we had a great time meeting up with friends.


The stadium is on the river so despite it being 95 degrees, there was a pleasant breeze.




The sun went down and so did Maryn!



She really did enjoy herself...was the perfect baby...like always :)

Wednesday night Maryn went to watch daddy play softball for the first time. Mac's team was undefeated and they lost by 2 this game...so much for being his lucky charm! Sorry daddy!
Notice she's about to eat her right hand...entertainment is cheap these days!

"O.K., Maryn...3 strikes and you're out!"

Our attempt at a self portrait from the bleachers

These next couple pics are so stink'n cute...she was so full of expression I just had to post all three of the ten I took :)

I figured that since she is currently obsessed with her hands that I'd put her wrist rattle on and make some music...teach her a little cause and effect.

That's my girl! Cheesey!

1 comment:

TJ and Katie said...

So cute! Hope work goes well tonight.
By the way...have you had any luck with the bottle? Nora thinks it is very insulting when I try to give it to her. I don't know what to do.