Monday, July 20, 2009

A peaceful memory

It was a beautiful Sunday around 12:30 pm one year ago today that we said our final goodbyes to our first love, Bayley. He lost his battle with lymphoma at the young age of 6 but left behind some of our most fondest memories. He was the class clown and the mediator at the dog park...made friends with even the bully. He was our constant companion and a faithful member of our family. He was my college graduation gift and protected me when I lived alone during graduate school...it was him and I and of course daddy came to visit us during his graduate school too. I did everything with that dog...a quick drive to the bank or pharmacy...he came along and they would always give him a treat. I'd take him through the drive through, they'd toss him a fry...he was my boy. Everyone loved Bayley!
He was a special chapter in our lives, a good chapter. And now he watches down on us today with his silly grin because he knows that this new chapter will provide us unmeasurable joy. He would lay next to my side of the bed and listen to my prayers for a baby every night...I think he pulled some strings when he got to heaven because within 2.5 weeks we conceived Maryn! Thanks Bay...she's got your peaceful soul!
We're not sad today...we're grateful for our blessings and our special angel pup in heaven!
We love you, Bayley!


Moments after picking him out of the litter
I remember his little paws looked like chocolate chip cookies!


Daddy's soccer game














He learned a couple bad habits at grandma and poppop cummings house!!!





Where he received his chemotherapy...everyone was amazing and Dr. Taylor came in on her day off to help us let Bayley go when the clinic was closed and we had our own private time.



He sported a LiveStrong collar during his 6 months of chemo


Just some of his many medications


His first battle wound















He was a real 'looker'! God took you so young so that all the children in heaven could enjoy your spirit! Run Free big guy, Run Free!
We love ya, Bay!

2 comments:

TJ and Katie said...

You made me cry.What a lucky dog to have such caring parents.

Stephanie and Eric Horecky said...

That was so sweet Rebecca! I REALLY shouldn't have read it at work! Now I need tissues :( I'm glad he pulled some strings for you!