Monday, July 6, 2009

Maryn's Baptismal Weekend!

Brace yourself...there are a lot of pictures ahead! Maryn was baptized on June 27 and we had so many friends and family in town to celebrate! It is times like this that we realize how truly blessed we are. Baptism is a special day, a day that we as parents promise to raise our child in the christian faith, a day that Maryn is blessed in the name of the Holy Spirit, her original sin is forgiven and she is welcomed into our faith. We promise to be examples of God's love to our daughter and to raise her to be a loving and honest woman. She is our gift!

We love you Maryn Amelia!



Maryn's godmother, Kristen

Kristen and I have been friends for 15 years







Grandma Cummings squeezing in some love before the baptism






The first time that Uncle Shawn and Uncle Phil met Maryn (my brothers!)



She doesn't go anywhere without her bow!




Her auntie Marita captured this amazing shot






This is the same church, in front of the same altar, almost 3 years to the day, that Mac and I promised ourselves to eachother


Father Wilson, godmother Kristen, godfather Tim



I'm sort of obsessed with this little girl









Our angel...my mom made this beautiful bib



Grandma and Poppop Cummings gave Maryn her beautiful christening bonnet and gown. It's gorgeous! I had her initials monogrammed on the bottom and my hope is that the rest of our children will be baptized in this gown as well as our siblings children.


I cannot even begin to explain the sincere and lasting friendships that I have. I don't have any sisters and I married a man without sisters as well. My friends are my sisters. Because of this...I consider them aunties to Maryn. They all traveled from San Francisco, Chicago, Birmingham, Boston, Minneapolis, and Cleveland!

Mac's parents and grandparents




My parents and brothers


Maryn's godparents, Mac's brother, Tim and my friend Kristen


Uncle Shawn


Everyone enjoying Maryn





After the baptism...we had a party at our house to celebrate. Miss Jess came to party!





Swing'n



We love our girl! Check our her yummy cake! It matched her baptismal invitation. I recommend the Village Bakery in the old village of Mt.Pleasant...yummy!



Maryn got crazy!



Yum....delicious! I kind of like this more than your milk mom!



She thinks I'm absolutely crazy!
















godmama


That is my crazy brother!



Mac workin the keg...yes, we had a keg at our daughters baptism





Bobby and Bri got Maryn this white hat with a HUGE flower on it! It's awesome


I just love girly dresses




auntie Anne is pregnant and due in September with a little girl for Maryn to play with :)





Kisses from auntie Jaclyn



My brother Phil getting in his cuddles before he had to head back to San Diego




Laramie, Phil's girlfriend came to meet Maryn too


The whole gang


Ride'n Bode Bay


Poppop is sooo much fun!


Uncle Tim

She has really found her hands in the last two weeks. She gags on pacifiers and bottles but the hands are just so tasty!


Her first boat ride to Fort Sumter with her great grandparents


Our first trip to Fort Sumter...it was 99 degrees that day!! ugh





The Tall Ships were in the harbor for Harborfest...look how hazy it looks...remember 99 degrees!
U.S.S. Yorktown




Snuggle time with grandma


The beautiful harbor front cottage that Mac's parents, grandparents, and aunt stayed in...we definately took advantage of it





Enjoying the back porch


Maryn's first swim in the pool!!! She loved it...it sedated her it was so relaxing





What daddy's do best! Thanks auntie Brit for the adorable bathing suit!That's the ocean in the background...beautiful



Such a little fishie






Maryn's grandma's are always the first to the rescue...it's so funny how doting they are

I just love this shot of poppop and grandma cummings with baby Maryn




We miss our family and friends already..it was just so cool having everyone here to meet our daughter and to witness one of the most special days in her little life so far!
God Bless!

No comments: