Friday, July 3, 2009

2,021 miles...

My mom and I took the challenge of driving over 2,000 miles with baby Maryn to visit all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, & grandparents!! First stop was Reading, PA to see my moms brother and sisters & my cousins...then off to Rochester, NY to see my grandparents, aunt, uncle, & cousins...then off to Buffalo, NY to see Mac's parents (the first time poppop would meet Maryn!). It was a loooong trip but Maryn was a champ! She loves her carseat and falls asleep almost instantly in it. We would drive 3-4 hrs, stop to eat lunch...my mom would sit in the front seat and eat, I would sit in the backseat and eat while holding Maryn who would eat too! It was a bonding experience for us girls and we had an amazing time seeing all of our family! Maryn only started to protest for the about the last 500 miles and requested more frequent stops. Mac was dying to see us...we hadn't been apart from eachother for a weeks time in over 5 years and he just couldn't stand being away from his little girl!
Maryn's first tubby in a hotel...our first stop was a hotel in Virginia
During a pit stop...the car was parked :)

Some stretch time with nanny





Pit stop near Washington D.C.








great Uncle Will and Aunt Angie

Crazy great Aunt Maria

great Aunt Kathy

Maryn's first birthday party

great Aunt Dolores


my cousin Jennifer


great Uncle Butch


great Uncle Tim


Maryn's second cousins


funny face


off to Rochester...
great Aunt Carolyn

great poppop Loeper..he was singing to her, it was so cute



Four Generations




Poppop and nanny admiring Maryn

Maryn's first hammock swing


great grandma Loeper



We celebrated my grandma's birthday too

Maryn's second cousin Mason


Second cousins

My cousin Marlene


Poppop getting his hair cut :) This is where Maryn and I get our thick full heads of hair from! He's 86 and still has ALL of his hair!

Unfortunately, we had to place my poppop in a nursing facility a couple years ago so it was fun to meet all of his friends and see where he stays

great Grandma got Maryn pink roses

Whachu look'n at?


After a long day of traveling...a girls bow can get a little crooked

Then off to Buffalo....
Grandma Cummings love'n on Maryn with Sadie
Grandma Loeper


Grandma Cummings can always get Maryn to not only laugh but giggle too!

quality time with her grandma's








Notice the bottle of wine in the background...us ladies had a good time:)

Life doesn't get much better than this for a baby...in the arms of grandma

She loves to stand....I think we have an early walker on our hands...Mac walked when he was 9 months!!!

Meeting her poppop Cummings for the first time....she laid in his lap for 2 hours and just talked and talked and talked....we videotapped it!


Poppop Cummings

We slept in Mac's childhood bedroom....please note the Buffalo Bills lamp! hilarious


Here's where she slept for the week. I wrap her so tight at night...must be my skills from working in the NICU...might be why she sleeps all night too!


Poppop was walking Maryn outside and I peeked out the window to see him pick a flower and give it to her....how sweet is this!

She's one lucky girl

During our pit stop in Pittsburgh to see Mac's uncle Bob and aunt Barb


Maryn's great Uncle Bob and Aunt Barb




Mac and Maryn's reunion after a week apart! Mac told me he never wants to be apart from us for that long again. I think he really missed us girls :)


Home again!

























































2 comments:

TJ and Katie said...

We love these posts. And, thank you for your post..I still have a few pounds to go...Nora eats A LOT- I attribute the weight loss to that, plus I have no muscle left.
I will send you a bow the next time I go to the shop. It is a little shop in our down town area called Pink Hippo. They have every color...let me know what color you would like for little Maryn!

TJ and Katie said...

One more comment..How are you wearing strapless dresses? Is there a secret I don't know about for nursing moms?You look so "put together" in every picture. I am always wearing whatever is comfortable and has easy access for Nora.
And, does Maryn sleep on her back? She looks so cuddled in that picture.