Monday, May 25, 2009

Poop, Sleep and Grandma's...the important things in life!

Maryn has decided that the most important things in life are poop, sleep, and grandma's! Oh, and milk of course! She slept through the night for the first time on Saturday night (May 23 2009...for my records)....6 hours!! I heard her fuss a little around 2:30 am and I let her fall back to sleep. I woke up at 5:30...shocked!! She had slept through the night! Now...to many of you, 5:30 am on a Sunday morning doesn't constitute sleeping through the night but in the eyes of a new parent...6 hours of sleep is a blessing! She slept 5 hours last night so I think we are almost there. She is still sleeping in our room in her pack n play because I was getting up twice in the middle of the night to feed her...but I think she may be moving into her big girl crib this weekend! She is a little grunter so it'll be nice to have a quiet room again but sad that my baby is moving on to her next step in life! whaah....tear drop:(
It really surprises us that Maryn has such good head control because you would think that those cheeks would pull her down!!
Trying to figure out what her crazy mom is doing
We're madly in love





This is what we do on a rainy day...cuddle with daddy on the bed and watch t.v.





Here's where the poop comes in! So, Maryn and I were out shopping with Nanny and Maryn requested that lunch be served early. So, while Nanny was shopping, I fed Maryn in the car and about half way through her feeding, an explosion went off in her diaper. I decided to let her continue eating and then I would change her diaper...little did I know that the poop was slowly creeping up the back of her diaper, out the top and onto her pretty little purple dress that her godmother auntie Kristen had bought her! It was an interesting challenge to get her out of her poopie dress without spreading the poop all over her hair or my carseats...then while putting a new diaper on, she poops again...now I've got two poopie diapers, wipes flying everywhere, a poopie dress and a very happy baby!! I was laughing the entire time because all of this was happening on the front seat of my Yukon in the parking lot of Bed Bath and Beyond with friendly bystanders passing by. Thank goodness I had an extra outfit in her diaper bag! Moral of the story...always pack an extra outfit and investigate what I'm eating in my diet that's causing these explosive poops!!!


Despite the embarrassing event, she pulled it off looking gorgeous! That's my girl, Mare!
My camera was on the dashboard so I had to steal some pics!
This is what she thought of me fumbling around in her poop!


Grandma Nanny couldn't stay away for too long and Maryn had no objections about spending 2 days with the lady who spoils her rotten! Nanny was able to witness Maryn's first 'coo'!! She's starting to talk now. She'll look at us and her little mouth will start moving around and then she speaks!! Or coo's!

First time her little toes touched the grass
Soooo many kisses



Can you see her little birthmark over her left eye? I think it's kinda cute...just popped up the other day!

Hanging on daddy's chest...excuse the mop on her head:)

Missy blue eyes


Bode just loves Maryn...he's just a little anxious to run around the back yard with her! He thinks she's sort of boring.


Modeling her precious dress that auntie Jaclyn gave her! Thank you so much, Jac!! It's beautiful and I'm so bummed that she's going to outgrow it in a couple months....I want it in every size!

The cheeks started to take her down here

Nanny and Maryn...this is her face right before a sneeze!! She's so cute I could just squeeze her...and I do:)
This is the pretty purple outfit that later got pooped on

And of course....Bode came in for a kiss
He loves her toes!!



My mom still cries everytime she sees her...it's so sweet! I can't wait to see what that feels like...holding your first grandchild!

After a long day...more adventures to come

























1 comment:

Jaclyn Slattery said...

Yea! She looks A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E in her dress :)Glad she is starting to sleep through the night for you guys!
Counting down the days to meet her!
Love, Aunt Jac