Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." Author unknown
I pray each night that I will be a good mother to little Maryn... that I will have the patience to get through life's challenges with her, that I can understand what it means to be a role model, that I will possess the confidence in my decision making, and that my heart is capable of growing every day....because I swear I've never felt love like this.

We spent Mother's Day weekend at my parents house...Maryn's first trip "over the river and through the woods to grandmother's (and grandfather's) house we go".....


She is my little treasure!

Check out Bode in the window...he is such a ham!




I just hope one day that she's as proud of me as I am of her





We had to pry Maryn out of Poppop's arms the whole weekend. When I see him holding her, it gives me a vision of 29 years ago when he was holding me.

Bode is a Golden Retriever, a water dog-with a special undercoat for swimming....but he is not crazy about the water!!! When he was a puppy he fell into my parent's pool because he was being chased by my cousins dog. We take him to the beach and he runs from the waves! So, Mac decided to carry him into the pool to force him to swim!! Take a look at the poor dogs face in this picture....Mac said his little heart was about to jump out of his chest. The legs are stiff and the fear of God is in his eyes!


Bode's front paws were flying out of the water, splashes were 5 feet high...he was frantic!


Straight for the ladder...and mommy!

But he couldn't get out!! We spend too much time in, at, or around the water so he better start to enjoy it:)


Nanny on her first Mother's Day as a grandma...she cried when she saw her. My mom spent a week with us after she was born...she cooked, she cleaned, she did the grocery shopping, she drove us to doctor's appointments etc etc. Only 10 days had passed since my mom had seen her last and the moment we walked in the door, the tears started flowing! I asked if this was going to happen every time.?


My precious babe



My mom got Maryn her own rocking chair so they can sit on nanny's front porch together, rocking and sipping sweet tea




Mother's day morning...Mac, Bode, Maryn and I went for an hour walk in the morning and went out to my parents dock




My boys!


Daddy stealing some quiet time at my parent's house....I think this was the only time he held her the entire weekend...he had to pry her from my parents


Peeking on them through the window...it was so sweet.

I Love My Grandma's !!!!!


They couldn't get enough of her...notice that Bode is always near by his little sister:)


Rough life, peeking through one eye just to make sure we were still there.

Thank you Kelly for the adorable embroidered onesie!! I just love it!



Three generations!




Mommy's wedding dress



...and veil





I love this 'stay at home mom' thing...we play all day! I have so many pictures that I think we need to buy additional memory storage for the computer

She is an angel, a perfectly happy baby.
She still had her belly button cord in this picture...6 hours later it fell off!! I made a big deal about it and came running into our bedroom to show Mac. It was as if the last part of 'me and her' was gone...I know I'm weird but she sort of became her own person. Now we can take real tubbies and dunk her little bum in the bathtub!


She looks like a baby bird in this picture...with her fuzzy hair and the open mouth...just look'n for the worm:)






She is incredible!!!! She has been lifting her head like this for the past two weeks!
She's only 3.5 weeks old here




See...she does have fun during our photo shoots!











































No comments: