Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Maryn is 6 weeks old!

Maryn is 6 weeks old and it's officially the half way mark until I return to work:( I know I went to four years of college and then 2 years of nursing school and then 3 years of graduate school but I just don't want to go back to work! I think this is the coolest most rewarding job I could ever have. I swear...from the moment I can remember I have always wanted to be a mom. She has been such an easy baby, which may be the reason why I enjoy spending every waking moment with her. Parenting is a challenge and stimulates my brain far more than my job does. Don't get me wrong...I really do love my job and never really dread going to work but the thought of leaving Maryn for 14 hours at a time...even if it is in the middle of the night while she is sleeping just makes me sad. Maybe I'll be ready in 6 weeks...we'll ask Maryn how she feels about it.
Maryn Amelia is 6 weeks old today
~amazing head control
~coos and babbles
~gives us the gummiest smiles:)
~loves looking at herself in the mirror (not sure where she got that from?)
~hates pacifiers...I've tried to get her to take them so that when she melts down in the grocery store I can steal just 5 more minutes to pay and get her in the car
~is not crazy about bottles either..we've fed her a bottle a couple times to make sure she'll take it when I'm not around and she would rather not....this might be my 'out'..my excuse to not work:)
~is currently protesting all naps in her crib...but will nap all day long in her carseat...so much for Babywise!
~loves bath time
~loves tummy time too!



She was 'rocking out' to her wrist rattle and then all of a sudden...total exhaustion!



Mac thinks she looks like Minnie Mouse with this big bow on her head!


During our photo shoot, she went from this....to...

...this in half a second!


Watching my husband cuddle with our precious newborn...it's amazing
(If you click on the photo and look closely...you can see that she's smiling...she loves her daddy and I do too!)

Notice that Mac took her bow out of her hair and it's resting on the arm of the sofa...he's really got to get use to this girl thing!



















No comments: