Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Scatter brain

Big Mac and Junior Mac

Alright, now I know that when you're pregnant your short term memory tends to fail you...something called "placenta brain". I definately experienced this fun little side effect of my raging hormones which made my time management skills at work a little more challenging. I would make a grocery list at home only to get to the grocery without my list, or head out to the store to return something only to have left the item I was returning at home! These sorts of things happened to me all the time and I swear people started to think I was a natural blonde! No one warned me that this memory loss only gets worse once you deliver your bundle of joy. Now why would God create such a dilemna for a new mother when she's learning to juggle life with a demanding little creature, late night feeds, making sure both she and the newborn are bathed, dinner is planned, diapers/wipes/etc. are in constant supply, poopie clothes and blankets are washed as well as toilets are scrubbed. I have five different tasks going on in my house at the same time constantly. I'll be going upstairs to put away laundry when I pass by the vacuum that I left in the family room which I had to stop because Maryn had just woke up from her nap and then I pass by Bode who is patiently sitting at the back door for the past 30 minutes waiting to relieve himself and then I pass the half empty dishwasher that I stopped unloading because Maryn had spit up on herself and I had to clean her up and then I walk into my bedroom and pass the pile of clothes on the floor that have been sitting there since Friday in route to the Goodwill because my precious daughter made it possible that these clothes no longer fit me:) I now truly realize that my mother is a saint! God Bless all mommies!!!!




And yet....we always find time for pictures!


She has discovered her hands!

Just look at that face









..and those cheeks!










Mac is constantly working with her to stand, walk, kick a soccer ball...




We're off to dinner...mommy refused to cook this day




Thanks auntie Kristen for the cute dress....Mac loves it because it's super easy to put on her

Hip hip horray for daddy

Go team!





sleepy smile..I just love those


Not sure why I can't turn this pic upright...turn your head to the right for a better view of my itty bitty


Maryn skyping with her great grandparents poppop and grandma Johnson



Tubby time... thank you Aunt Sarah and Uncle Kevin for the piggie bathtowel....she couldn't be cuter in it!

Quack, quack!!




"Rubber ducky...you're the one...you make bathtime lots of fun"


My happy naked girl





There are those darn toes again!


Tummy time...just reading her book








Look at Maryn checking Bode out



Now...what was it that I was doing???























No comments: