Friday, May 20, 2011

Benham is 6 weeks old!

Ben must have partied like a rock star on his 6 week birthday because the kid slept 7.5 hours! I like him. Despite the lengthy stretches of sleep that he gives me every night I still require caffeine in the mornings to jump start my LOOOONG days. I've spent enough money on Starbucks nonfat chai tea that I officially own stock in the company and had to subtract this expense from my monthly wardrobe budget. I have to admit that I even broke doctor's orders and on my first day alone with both kids, one week post c section, I packed them into the car at 8am and drove to the nearest Starbucks. I lifted my 27 lb two year old and 30 lb infant car seat in and out of the car eight times, waddled to the counter with hair disheveled, morning eyes and a huge smile on my face. I'm a better mom once that drink is in my hands but Starbucks doesn't deliver, so I bought a Keurig. This thing is brilliant. My one cup, virtually zero clean up, pick me up that makes me smile every morning and doesn't care that I'm still in my pajamas at noon.

This pudge is all boy and was born looking like a little old man. When he concentrates he puckers his lips like he's forgotten once again to put his dentures back in.

Things that make him stop crying: a.taking him outside and relaxing on the rocking chair (old man) b.letting him stand-he is just like his sister and constantly wants to be standing. He could be in a full blown fit and the moment his feet hit firm ground he's a happy camper. c. the occasional paci helps too, something his sister repeatedly rejected.
Thank you Auntie Raz for my cool outfit, the ladies dig it.
He always wakes up so pleasant, grunting and cooing and never demanding milk. It's my favorite couple of minutes of the day because he will lay there for 15 minutes just smiling at me.
A normal day in our house....a 6 week old walking and Mimi in just her Pull-Up and fluffy dog slippers dancing to Dora.
I think he looks like a baby Mac here...

...and a baby monkey here.
standing again

More beach fun with Uncle Tim and Mikaela


"Hey good lookin', mama says you're a tad bit more colicky than my sister ever was...she's the *golden child* you know".

1 comment:

anne simmons said...

OK, seriously Ben's mouth in your banner picture?? He's so smoochable!!!! Looks like y'all are having a fun summer!! Love hearing the tales of mommyhood x 2!
xo,
Aunt A