Saturday, May 21, 2011

Beauty

Just like we all have different taste buds, we all have different beauty buds too. Defining beauty on different terms. To me, these children are mouth watering. Just slather them up in butter and I'd swallow them whole! When I was pregnant with Benham I was convinced that all my picture taking efforts would be directed towards him and his squishy newborn self, and my sweet little Mimi wouldn't have any documentation of herself from about the age of 24 to 30 months. Nope, not true at all. Every time I glance over at her I am reminded of her beauty. To me, she is the most beautiful little person I have ever met.
Before you have children you always wonder if as a parent you would realize whether your kid was cute or not. Like, would you know if your child wasn't destined to win any beauty pageants? Come on, you know you've thought it! I think it's pretty safe to say that if I gave birth to an anteater, I would still be convinced she was the next Miss South Carolina!
More Mimi quotes:
We were walking along our neighborhood path and a 15 year old boy was riding his bike towards us. He was a true Southern Boy with his long blonde hair flipping back and forth over his face. Just as he was passing Maryn and I, she yells...I mean YELLS "that's a gurl, that's a gurl mommy!". I pretended I didn't hear her. Just hope he doesn't know where we live or he might steal the beer out of our fridge in the garage.
And after you feel like you've hit the genetic jackpot, along comes this charming young man.
O.k., so I'm gloating a bit but I consider this blog a celebration of my children. A sanctuary for them to run to when they need a morale boost. A place where they will always know how much their mommy loves them. I'm rejoicing and relishing in their beauty. They say *beauty is only skin deep* but hell, I made this skin so let me gloat!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

They are both beautiful! I love them. Sweet little Maryn - the next beauty queen of South Carolina! :)