Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Let the pumpkin pictures begin & costume clue #1...

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year...particularly the month of October. Growing up, October in our house was so much fun...my birthday was the 9th and my brother's is Halloween!! My parents always decked our house out in halloween decorations, including a handmade coffin, real life cemetary with tombstones and flying ghosts. My oldest brother, who is 11 years older than me would lay in the coffin or sit on the porch in full scary man costume to scare the kids....people would drive to our house just for the entertainment. Although the weather down here isn't as cool and crisp as it is up north, we are currently enjoying a cool front and actually had to take our jackets out of the closet and turn off the air conditioning. My poor friends in Boston had to shovel snow this week :(
Let me begin the slew of pumpkin pictures that will inevitably be taken of my poor daughter


Last weekend we went pumpkin picking...and Mac promised we would go again! I just love it!


Our juicy little pumpkin





We had to pick out Maryn's first little pumpkin and it had to be perfect!



I think she loves it as much as I do

The home is scented in cinnamon candles and I've currently got butternut squash baking in the oven for my Mare Bear

Welcome Fall!






And of course...she had to do a little walking

Her cheeks are the size of those pumpkins in the background


And since Halloween is full of dark secrets and mystery...here is clue #1 of Maryn's costume!
Take a guess!


There was a little boy who was due to be born on Halloween this year, but he decided it would be such a loss if he didn't get the chance to dress up!!! So, he made his arrival into this world yesterday!! One of Maryn's aunties, my friend Raz (Lauren) and her husband Jeff welcomed their son...who's gender was a surprise!!!!
Charles "Charlie" Morris
on October 22, 2009
12:43 am
5lb. 9 oz.
18.5 in.
I cannot wait to kiss that 'tiny' little boy all over his tiny little face!! Oh, he is so precious and will be prearranged to marry my daughter in 26 years!

1 comment:

scummings said...

Maryn is looking more and more like a Loeper! She is quite a mix of both parents. Such a busy little bee....