Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Good Dog

I worked last night and a couple fellow dog loving coworkers and I were discussing our love for these animals. One coworker has a 15 year old golden retriever who appears to be finishing her race and the thought got me all reminiscent about my Bayley. We got into a discussion about how these innocent dogs truly become your children and fill a space in your heart that you never realized was empty. Just as I turned to look at the clock, 1:30 am...it dawned on me...it was now July 20th...the 3rd anniversary of Bayley's death. That dogs spirit has never ceased to leave my side. He was there with me last night, rushing all of our memories back to the surface. He won't let me forget. And I promised him I never would.
He was one in a million.





The day we met...and fell in love.
His paws looked like chocolate chip cookies!

You taught me my greatest lesson...how to be a mommy. Sacrifice, dedication, determination, and raw love. You would have loved these kids!
We miss you Big Guy!

No comments: