Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Go Blue. Red and White Too.

Mac was born in Ann Arbor while his father earned his PhD from Michigan. They have a loyalty to the Maize and Blue. Hail! to the Victors and thanks to the Commodores for the awesome onesie!
Hope y'all enjoyed your red white and blue festivities. We spent our weekend at the water park and comforting Maryn during the 9pm hour when everyone in our neighborhood lit fireworks for 3 nights in a row. Daddy had to sleep on the floor next to her bed for an hour or so each night...he's the best!

Go Blue!

The heat down here will knock anyone out

Thank you Nowlins for the lobster suit...it was the perfect holiday attire!
The descent
The crash landing
Go USA!!
The Stars and Stripes Forever



Ella wore Maryn out. I actually had to wake HER up at 8:30 the next morning for school. She started a Mothers Morning Out program a few weeks after Benham was born. Momma needed a break. She absolutely loves it so she's headed to preschool the first week in August! My baby is growing up in between blinks of my eyes. *tear*
Enjoying the people watching with Uncle Tim.
"Ooohhh, look at the pretty lights!"
Making sure he wasn't scared during the fireworks
Sometimes when I look at pictures of me with both of my children I just can't believe that I made them. I MADE these beautiful children and feel like I was literally touched by God in doing so. It's a feeling that is indescribable. They have given my life such purpose. I'm sure that if I didn't have them right now, you'd probably find me wandering around in search of something. I am happy, I am content, I am mommy.
Her rock, her comfort zone, her safety
Just like two years ago...daddy protecting her ears from the 'boom booms'
I'm sorry but this child provides so much laughter in our home. He is AWESOME! Maryn was napping so Benham and I played. My version of playing is experimenting with the camera. I propped him up on the sofa but DID NOT pose him like this. It's like an Olan Mills/JCPenney studio shot. I didn't even realize he crossed his hands until I was looking at the downloaded files and that's when I lost it! He makes me the happiest woman alive! He's got the dopiest look on his face and quite frankly, he doesn't even look like himself in this picture. He's 3 months old and could probably pass for 6 months.
He's getting really good at his tummy time and frequently rolls over. Already proving to his sister that not only was he ready to be born 4 days sooner than her but he's more advanced with his motor skills.
How can you not laugh at this?

2 comments:

The Grammarian said...

Olan Mills portraiture. NATCH! He's got Thomas & Thomas posing skillz up in his blood!

P.S. I'm visiting my ILs in Ann Arbor right now!

scummings said...

He is growing sooo fast! I miss you guys! Can't you stow the kids in Mac's golf bag this weekend?