Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Benham is 3 months old!

Funny Boy, as Maryn likes to call him, has turned 3 months...a quarter of a year old. His personality is really starting to surface. A man of few words who coos and babbles and graciously amuses us with his giggles. We have a suspicion that he might be a momma's boy. Don't hate it. He's beginning to morph like my children do. His hair is falling out and has the same reddish hue that M's hair had around this age. He loves a good swing after dinner. I top off his tank with a dream feed around 10 pm and the pudge sleeps until about 6 or 7 am. He's past the colicky, cry for no reason stage, and I can actually take him grocery shopping now. I push that obnoxiously large shopping cart with the toddler bench in the back and a steering wheel. Once I'm headed down an aisle, there's no turning back for bananas, it's too wide for a U-turn.
And there's no turning back now, this kid is here to stay. I weighed him the other day...15 lbs!



In order to achieve cute little poses like this...
...and this...

...I often have to drudge through a lot of this.
He laughs out loud with high pitched giggles, nasal snorts and pigeon laughter with his lips sealed. He even laughs when what he really wants to do is cry.

His sister intrigues him and his eyes follow her around the room. Please take note of Mimi's big girl panties!! For the most part she is daytime potty trained and very proud of it. She loves a good poop in bed though.
I would totally sleep with these two in my bed if I didn't totally disagree with The Family Bed.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Still laughing about the "good poop in bed." And I completely agree....if I didn't disagree with the family bed I would have my kiddos in there all of the time! Ben is one handsome little man. Love love love the pics of him!!! Oh and if you could have Maryn give Maisie a call to chat about the whole potty issue, I would greatly appreciate it! Wishing the Cummings Crew lived so much closer!!! Love you guys.