Thursday, May 6, 2010

This is not acceptable

You might remember my post about Children's/Infant's Tylenol recall several months ago. I actually had a couple people say 'thank you' because their children's Tylenol lot was on the recall list....well, they've done it again! McNeil Consumer Healthcare has recalled both Children's/Infant's Tylenol and Motrin because, get this,

I'm sorry people but this is totally unacceptable! Too much of the active ingredient!!? How does this happen? This infuriates me...we as parents are suppose to trust these products that have been on the market and 'trusted' by parents for years. Maryn had a fever for four days last week related to teething. I went to CVS to buy more Motrin and Tylenol. I treated with Motrin for 4 days and didn't even bother opening the Tylenol. My friend Laura sent me an email with a link to this list of recalled meds, and sure enough, our lot of Tylenol was on the list! Fortunately, I never gave it, but it boiled my blood just the same.
Repetitive accidents like these should not be tolerated and should not be left unpunished.
I wonder if McNeil has sent out an official apology to all the worried parents who were giving their medications to their sick children?
*update* My friend just informed me that Children's Zyrtec and Benadryl are recalled as well!

2 comments:

The Brooks Bunch said...

I know! I had to throw out Motrin (half way used) and Benadryl (slightly used) and what's worse?? I threw them out totally and THEN found out if you kept it, you could enter your lot number online and be issued a refund! Thankfully my generics are so far safe because my girl sprouted a 100.2 fever this afternoon!

TJ and Katie said...

I AGREE! WHAT THE HE-double hockey stick!
Nora is teething again now and I am not sure what the heck to give her.