Sunday, May 2, 2010

Maryn is 12 months old!

What a difference a year can make!
I'm sitting here thinking back to this exact moment in time and I can feel the blood in my heart get warm and rush through my chest. The most miraculous moment of my life and a moment that I pray I will feel again. I couldn't do this just one time...if Mac would let me, I'd do it about 6 times:)
She was the most beautiful little creature I had ever seen, despite the cone head and mashed nose she had from sitting in my dilated cervix for a good 1-2 hours while the doctor delivered the baby in the next room...she was perfect!
Don't blink your eyes because 365 days will come and go and that little dark haired baby will turn into this.........
Maryn Amelia Cummings
1 year old
20 lbs 2 oz 30th percentile
28 1/4 in 20th percentile
head: 43 1/2 cm 8th percentile!
and still wears a size 2 shoe!!
Go shorty, it's your birthday
We gon' party like it's your birthday!
Maryn is really communicating with us a lot by using sign language...who ever figured out that hearing babies could learn to sign while at the same time accelerating their speech should receive the 'thank you, you've saved our lives award' from mommies and daddies everywhere!
Her independence is really starting to blossom and she enjoys playing by herself, wandering around the house carrying her purse and digging through my toiletry bag and tossing each hotel sized shampoo and conditioner into the bath tub. She's a sneaky little thing...I've found her bows hidden in her teapot and inside the oven drawer...what she doesn't know is that she will never be able to pull a fast one on me:)
She's a snuggler of all baby dolls, a kisses-for-free advocate and a dog loving freak!
Oh, did I mention she finally got a tooth! Last Wednesday, the long lost sucker broke through the gums!!! Teething is not fun for anyone...baby or parent. She had a low grade fever for about 4 days, irritable and covered in saliva. Just wondering if this is going to repeat itself for every tooth in her mouth?? Not sure I'll make it through 19 more teeth!
And though this trick may not be suitable for a normal child who teeth's around 7 months, it works for my one year old....frozen bagels!!

Can we say D.R.A.M.A ?
She's just not as compliant as she was at 3 weeks.
Right, not as compliant.
The season has finally arrived...lounging at the pool

On Maryn's birthday weekend, we went to see the US Navy Blue Angels fly over the Charleston Harbor...you can't help but feel pride when you see these Angels fly, what appears to look like inches from each other, through the sky.
How do they do this?


Hugs for Grandma
That Uncle Tim is so much fun
Uncle Nick and Great Grandma

Strollin' with Poppop




Then we headed to daddy's soccer game
Running down field....this girl actually kicks balls around the house but can't throw a ball to save her life. At Gymboree, I try to practice throwing balls with Maryn but she'd rather kick them.
Check out this awesome water/sand table that her friends Ella, Ashton, and Lauren got her for her birthday! We play with it every day!!! Maryn LOVES water and sand and mommy LOVES changing her sheets every other day from the residual sand that lingers.
be still my heart
Did I mention I want 6 of her
And for the next couple of months, you can find us here...

3 comments:

said...

Happy Birthday Maryn!! What a cutie pie!!

TJ and Katie said...

oh my goodness. They are miracles.
What a wonderful birthday she had. Love the sand table, and the drama pic. She is a shorty.Lucky girl will always find a good shoe sale.

Jaclyn Slattery said...

She cracks me up! I love the pic of her poolside with the phone...looks likes she's reading the paper and catching up on the news. What a peanut. Miss you guys!!!