Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Head over heels

I was busy scrubbing some pots and pans and baby girl was VERY quiet in her corner o' toys...I glance over and see THIS!!!! She is perfectly quiet...searching for her 'baby'! I hurry and grab Mac who is grilling outside...we stand there in hysterics for 2.5 seconds...I grab the camera and then we hear "mama mama?". Her prince charming (daddy) runs to rescue her!
I have been meaning to blog about this toy chest for months. I absolutely LOVE it! We desperately needed to get something to house all of her toys in our family room but I didn't want another plastic eye sore or a wooden chest that could potentially pinch her fingers. I had seen the basket last summer in Buffalo when I was visiting Mac's parents and I loved it then but wasn't sure what I could use it for. Once Maryn began to accumulate toy after toy, I knew exactly what we needed. It's made from kaisa grass by artisans in Bangladesh through fair trade. It's the perfect height, that clearly she can reach into to get her toys, has a lightweight lid and stores a ton. It does need a little airing out from all the natural grass smell but hey, it's natural and doesn't contain any toxic lead paint or some other dangerous chemical that manufacturers deem fit to paint our children's toys with.

So much for the baby gates that Mac put up two weeks ago, after spending an afternoon alone with her. I got home from my Saturday afternoon out and the gates were up. I was asked "how in the world did you chase her around all day for the past month?"

Mac adores this little girl. I told him we could get a babysitter once a week in the morning while I slept after work so he didn't have to go into work late but he looked at me and said "no way, I like my time with her!". Those words tickled my heart.

3 comments:

The Brooks Bunch said...

I laughed outloud when I saw this pic!!!!!! Soooooo funny!!! Thanks for posting! Hope y'all are having a good week!

TJ and Katie said...

Seriously? That is HYSTERICAL. I can't believe she fell in the bucket. SO SO funny.

The Grammarian said...

I thought from the title that this post was about Maryn's discovery of high heels. Such a stinking riot, Rebecca. Thank you for preserving the memory in pics!