Thursday, April 30, 2009

D Day

So today was my official due date....thank you Jesus that she arrived 2 weeks early because I was done. Done with the shortness of breath, done with the inability to tie my shoes, done with the swollen ankles and feet, done with the heartburn, done with the fatigue, and done with the obstacles of trying to shave my legs in the shower!!! I'm not sure why God had to make pregnancy 40 weeks because clearly....37 weeks and 6 days gestation is perfection :) Don't get me wrong...I loved being pregnant...I had always dreamed about it as a little girl and feel blessed that I was able to get pregnant and blessed that my pregnancy went very well without complications. But I was just done...all good things must come to an end and this ending was like a fairytale!
Daddy catching some snuggle time with Maryn....she looks just like him :)








Maryn's 2 week photo shoot




Some of her hair is starting to thin out...she's changed so much in just 2 weeks






I know its cruel but I love taking pictures of her crying...she is just so darn cute when she cries..the bottom lip quivers



Bode eyeing up his little sister during tummy time...he has done so well with her. He runs to save her when she sneezes and every once in awhile...he'll steal a kiss...usually of her toes





Umm....I love baby toes



I'm happy to see my D Day come and go while holding my precious daughter safely in my arms.







2 comments:

TJ and Katie said...

So cute! Bode is even good with her.
How did you get so lucky girl to deliver so early?

The Ziejewski Family said...

Hi Rebecca,
Your mom just called and told us the news. Congratulations. Maryn is beautiful. I love all that hair. Give her a bunch of kisses for us.
Mary, Steve and CJ