Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hello, My Name Is

We've done it again. We love family names. Or at least a name with a meaning. If this child was a girl, I think we would have had to just pick a first name that we simply just liked...we used two of our favorites already. I've had my sons name chosen since the day I saw Mac's birth certificate, which was a couple years before we were even engaged. His moms middle name, Benham. Instantly, that name touched my heart and I just knew I'd have a little Ben. Plus, I was always told that if I were a boy my name would have been Benjamin. Benham is actually Mac's great grandmothers maiden name and his grandfather's brother's name, who died in a car accident when he was only about 23 years old. And I was told, probably five months into our relationship, that our first born son's middle name had to be Austin. Austin is Mac's grandfathers name who passed away last January. His brother was Benham. All of Mac's first born male cousins on his mother's side of the family have Austin as their middle name, including Mac. So there you have it...meet our son...
Benham Austin Cummings
'Big Ben'

We had a 3D ultrasound this week and got a glimpse into his world.
Kissing baby Ben
Oh so proud!

Our handsome hunk has his momma's mouth, much wider than the lips of his daddy and sister
Has daddy's nose and ears

Peek a boo, trying so hard to open his eyes
His cheeks don't appear to be as big as Maryn's
And daddy's long chicken legs
And Poppop Loepers BIG feet!!! Size 13!!! Mac wears a size 9 and I wear a size 7 and Mimi still fits into 12-18 month size shoes. His big toe is so big he wouldn't stop playing with it.
The little bugger is frank breech which means that his head is still up, butt down and he's got his legs pulled up right in front of his face. This boy better flip!! He probably can't because his dang monster feet keep getting in the way!
Say a quick little prayer that this lazy boy will dive down towards the light...head first child!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh he is so handsome already! Love the name!! Can't wait to meet him :)