Monday, March 15, 2010

New friends in Cleveland


In one weeks time, I worked four 12 hour shifts, celebrated Mac's birthday, flew to Cleveland with my mom and Maryn for 48 hours and threw a baby shower at my house...I am officially pooped. My friend Raz (Lauren) and her son and husband who live in San Francisco were in Cleveland visiting family so I took the opportunity to fly there to meet baby Charlie who was born in October. When we returned, my friend Laura was suppose to have the shower at her house but she and her 5 month old daughter got sick, we changed gears and I had 24 hours to get the house ready for 30 guests! Everything worked out great...everyone joined forces and helped Mac and I pull things off. We really enjoyed throwing the party and Jess and Jeff got some great gifts to help prepare for baby Lauren Olivia:)
Cleveland was covered in 3 inches of snow. For being born a southern gal....Maryn has gotten her fair share of snow this year.

Meeting Charlie for the first time!! Raz and I went to high school and college together. Mac and I were married in July '06 and Raz and Jeff followed, getting married in August '06...then the babies came...
...who will be married in approximately 26 years!
Here is the series of events that took place when the two lovebirds finally met...
first glance
Charlie went first for the cleavage...
...Maryn pulled him in...
...then he caressed her face...
...she threw her arms up in submission and he grabbed for more!...
They are sooo in love! Their children are going to have the most beautiful blue eyes.
Jeff showing off his natural fatherly instincts...making sure Maryn didn't hit her head on the coffee table
Maryn was a little jealous that Charlie stole some of her godmother's attention away from her...but she couldn't stay angry at her lover boy for too long...those eyes are too irresistible.

Sharing her tissue with auntie Moe
Showing auntie Kristen that Charlie is SUCH a baby and still plays on his gym mat...grow up Charlie!!

"Hey Maryn!"

Then we headed to auntie Kristen's parents house to meet up with my good friend Meghan and her daughter Maisie and Brian and his new daughter Bryce! Sooo many girls!!!
Maryn thought Maisie was just too cute for words
Meg and I have been friends since the 4th grade!! We cruised the town on our bikes, had sleepovers, prank called boys late at night and witnessed eachothers first kisses with boys:) Now we're married and our daughters are 4 months apart in age. Life is grand!
Maryn likes to *pet* her friends.
How adorable are these two! They were both blessed with the most kissable cheeks!
Maryn 10 months, Maisie 7 months
Check out baby Bryce's tutu! Isn't she beautiful!
My high school friend Brian and his daughter, Bryce, came to play too! Brian's parents who live in Cleveland just bought a second house 5 minutes from us in Charleston!!! Brian, his wife and baby Bryce will be visiting quite frequently and I am sooo excited for Maryn to have a new friend! We've already got a play date set for Easter:)
Bryce and Maryn could share bows!

I was so proud that my daughter was kind enough to share her book
My second set of parents...Kristen's parents...had us over for a delicious brunch! Thank you so much...it was yummy
We love auntie Kristen
a quick visit to our beach...Lake Erie was frozen solid
...and we couldn't not stop at our family friends the Hamilton's. Their four children were in Mac and I's wedding...I babysat them since their oldest (who is in college) was only 8 months old! How am I THAT old???
She LOVES dogs!
Katie
...and Wendy
and it just wouldn't be right if we didn't spend some time with my brother Shawn. He adores Maryn and was teaming up with my dad to surprise us by showing up at Maryn's first birthday party! The pink monkey that he gave her has been a huge hit!

'raspberries'
"There's something about *Mary*n"

A long day of traveling requires snuggle time with nanny

Happy 31st birthday Mac!! Last year at this time, I was throwing Mac a surprise 30th birthday party on Friday night and attending my baby shower on Saturday!
And well, this year it's all about her!!!
hugs for poppop
and open mouth kisses for nanny!
Maryn is 11 months old today...let's not talk about what happens in 30 days!

5 comments:

Anne Talbott Simmons said...

Those were the pics and stories I was waiting for! thanks for posting. all those babies are so sweet. i especially loved the ones of Charlie and Maryn meeting! I so wish Hudson and I could have been there. Give kisses to that 11 month old for me. love y'all! aunt A

Meghan said...

Whew! You are a busy gal! Please keep in mind that I am good friends with one of the boys we used to prank call and bike ride stalk! I get a bit of an embarassing feeling every time I see his mother. Mrs.Ganor I am entirely sorry for stalking your 8th grade son! :)

Rebecca and Mac said...

Ha ha! Yes, Doug was the love of my life in 7th grade...he just didn't know it:)

TJ and Katie said...

Love the post. You are one busy mama.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I haven't checked out your blog in a bit and she is just getting bigger and bigger. What a beautiful baby. I can't believe you didnt stop by on your visit or give us a call. Oh well, I forgive you:)

Tammy