Monday, November 23, 2009

Maryn is 7 months old!

We are having so much fun in our house!! Maryn is 7 months old and she is just a blast to be around. She giggles and laughs, gives out hugs and kisses, loves to dance to ANY and ALL music...even church music, she's a great traveler, great sleeper, great eater, great pooper :)! What more could a mother ask for? Maryn recently took her first plane ride to attend Mac's cousins wedding in Pittsburgh and she received multiple compliments on what a good baby she was...actually, she was told that she was the best baby on a plane they've ever seen...that made us smile. She is such a joy to be around every moment. We really did get lucky with this one!
She has mastered her mode of transportation...she rolls from one side of the room to the other and spins around, she's not crawling yet but I have a feeling she's going to bypass the actual crawl and go straight for walking. She loves to stand up holding onto the couch that I think we'll be removing the coffee table this week to avoid future head injuries. No teeth yet and for a nursing mum...that's just fantastic!

We laugh all day long




This is her belly laugh

and we always have an audience


The greatest thing about this age: she can actually learn and retain information. My mom taught her "Soooo Big"! All you have to do is ask her 'how big are you, Maryn?" and she lifts her arms up to the sky! We freaked out the first time she did it! That moment when your child can actually demonstrate to you that they understand what you're saying is like a wake up call. At that very moment...you think she's a genius, a gifted child...and then you realize you better watch what you say and do around these little sponges...if she stands in front of her father with her hands on her hips with her foot tapping then I'm in serious trouble and my gig is up.

She typically shows of her skillz with a little smirk on her face and it melts me every time.

I know too soon that we'll be counting years instead of months and it will be just as hard on me as it was when we started counting months instead of weeks, but for now, I will enjoy these moments as if they were seconds.


I am exactly where I had dreamed I'd be 15 years ago. Laying on my comfy clean sofa in my beautiful safe home with my healthy happy child next to my furry friend sipping on a glass of wine all the while smiling at my handsome loving husband. It is for these things that I am grateful for in this season of thanks and these things that leave me in constant wonderment about the Man upstairs. Ahh yes....can I get an Amen?!


2 comments:

The Grammarian said...

Amen to that, sista! I would say I am actually much better off than how I imagined my life 15 years ago. I am pretty sure I thought riding around with a boy with a dirty baseball cap flipped backwards was the big goal in life at that time.

Maryn is so fabulous in her pearls.

TJ and Katie said...

Must say...love Maryn's clothes-especially the tutu. I am a big fan.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!