Monday, February 2, 2009

She's got a name!

Our little girl has a name full of meaning..... Meet Maryn Amelia Cummings!!! Mac's grandmothers name is Mary and my grandmothers name is Marian so Maryn is a combination of two very special and influential women in our lives. Amelia is sort of a combination of my late grandmothers name which is Amalia and my middle name Emily. Usually its the mom who gets excited and conscious about a southern little girls initials because we love to monogram everything down here in the south but Mac is most ecstatic. Her initials spell MAC, which is of course how Mac got his name to begin with...Michael Austin Cummings. So...we will soon have a Big Mac and a junior Mac in our home:) Here are Maryn's first glamour shots!!
8 weeks....she had such a beautiful yolk sac :)
12 weeks..still a peanut


Big stretch at 20 weeks


Here's a pic from our 3D/4D ultrasound at 26 weeks..always sucking her fingers

26 weeks.... cheeks are getting chubby

25 week profile


Maryn seems to be a little stubborn and often refuses to give us good pictures by covering her face with her prized posessions...her hands. Hence, the million and one ultrasound pics....they keep having us come back to get the shots they need. Hey...I don't mind...it's more opportunity for Mac and I to watch in amazement our beautiful little girl grow and grow. What a blessing we have been given already, without having ever met her. She is kicking like crazy these days but is very delicate in her movements...very lady-like. It is the most reassuring feeling I have ever experienced. She is currently 50th percentile in size but I never believe those prenatal measurements. Already 28 weeks! Time is flying by!
















































1 comment:

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

Oh Rebecca she is already beautiful!!! How could she not be though! And what a beautiful name too!! Perfect! I'm so excited for you guys-don't you love all the movements?? I really miss that now :) I just have to get a trade for one more shift to get down there for your shower-I can't wait!!