Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our life has been a whirlwind....

Geez, I just realized that I haven't blogged in about 2 months, but there is good reason. Our lives have been filled with adventure, some good and others not so good. I will save you the boredom of listening to me complain about the closing process of our old/new home but lets just say that we lived out of boxes with about 4 sets of clothes, no washer/dryer, no plates/silverware/tupperware for about a good month. We got to experience the local laundry mat, ate lots of take out with plastic silverware, and probably reused a couple pairs of dirty socks along the way (for lack of washing equipment). I suppose I could have bought one of those wash boards and got to work but I was working full time, finishing up my studies, and stressing about the sale of our home. That thought takes me back to when I was in Nepal for a summer and I was living with a local family who obviously didn't own a washer/ dryer so they were trying to show me how they washed their clothes and after about a minute of me trying to do the same, they simply washed my clothes for me, sad.
But, we are finally in our new home and have enjoyed every minute of painting and repairs. There is so much we would love to do to the home so I will post pictures along the way as we try to accomplish our goals of home remodeling.
I wish I had better news to report on our Bayley but his cancer came back in May and we have been trying all of our last options to nip it in the butt, but unfortunately his left anterior cervical lymph node is being persistent and we can't seem to shrink it. We have stopped our initial chemotherapy protocal and have tried about three different ones since May but with no luck. It has been a difficult time for us and although we realize that our prayers are a little far fetched and unrealistic, we continue to pray and pray and pray and pray. The poor little guy actually threw up blood one night and they seem to think it was caused by an ulcer so he is on MORE medication to treat that. A very scary evening for Mac and I occurred a week ago when we were preparing dinner.......Bayley had a seizure which began with a limp of his rear leg, then his front leg, then his head drooped down at an angle and he fell into my arms, as I lifted his head to look into his eyes (all the while Mac and I are screaming/crying and Mac runs to get his keys to take Bay to the emergency vet) his big brown eyes had lost their soul. He stared blankly ahead and I thought for sure that this was 'it'. By the time Mac grabbed his keys Bayley started to walk towards him and collapsed and then got up again...with a limp...and then 5 seconds later was perfectly normal again. Scariest minute of my life. He's a little fighter and we'll allow him to keep fighting until he appears to be in pain (his doctor has given him about 2 months to continue this fight). We have been to his oncologist every week (sometimes multiple times a week) since January 25th. Almost every week he receives an injections and has blood work done and yet he LOVES going there. He has made so many friends at Veterinary Medical Center.....all of the techs, the front desk girls, and of course Dr. Taylor have all fallen in love with Bayley. His favorite by far is Shannon, she works at the front counter and every time Bay comes in the two of them run to eachother and Bayley starts squeeking and crying in excitement. They call him the 'model' patient. He is a gentle giant and never complains about the needles or the pills, or the dreaded slippery scale. Bayley is my sweet boy:) And so, we ask you again to pray for peace for Bay, that he may live these final weeks/months/*years*(hope) painfree and happy and that Mac and I can provide him with more love than he can handle and the strength to cope when it is finally his 'time'.

My graduation in May with my master of nursing in pediatric nurse practitioning...woot woot

Heidi excited, because with this graduation comes more free time to go out with her



No comments: