Monday, April 28, 2008

We love our parents!

Time and again, Mac and I have talked about how the Lord has blessed us with such loving, selfless parents who have become such remarkable role models. From the day we were born, we have both witnessed what true love is and what it means. It is so much more than committing the rest of your days with someone, it is about the everyday things. With the current divorce rate lingering above 50%, our families have beat the odds and proven their belief in love. Both of our grandparents have clocked over 55 years and our parents 30 years. That's almost unheard of. It warms my heart when I think of their love and it skips a beat when I think about what the future has in store for Mac and I.
Our Parents.....our blessing
Another blessing...right after chemo, showing off his bandage
If this doesn't make you want to move to Charleston, I'm not sure what will. If you look close enough you'll see all of the church steeples. There's an ordinance that no building can be built higher than the tallest steeple. Makes sense, right?.......what's most important?



The grandma's and Bayley



Visiting the old Pitt street pier in Mount Pleasant's old village

I mean.....are they not the cutest? I love my mom's

Mom and I
Susie and I



The Cooper River Bridge, (boat view). Site of the Cooper River Bridge Run in which about 17,000 people ran faster than I. I'll get um next year!


Me and the in-laws...whom I adore:)
Mac's mom, Susie, taking in the breeze and enjoying the comfort of being on the water


Mac's dad, Mike, navigating

My dad's! I am blessed

We had a wonderful week with both of our parents

Bayley being spoiled by grandma and poppop

Bayley's aunt, Sadie. We love her and all of her quirks!


"I'm handsome...what's it to ya?"

We had a great visit with our parents and open our doors to them again! We sold our house and need extra hands for painting our new home:)

1 comment:

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

What an awesome family to be thankful for! Looks beautiful down there-as usual. I think I have that same striped shirt as you-only mines gray and white. Here's to beating the odds and going for a lifetime of love (cheers!).