Monday, July 7, 2008

Dave Matthews on the 4th of July......amazing!

One of my all time favorite things to do in the summertime is to go to Dave Matthews concerts. It's crazy but every time I go to a concert I get this overwhelming feeling of excitement and contentment, like there is no where I'd rather be than right there on the lawn watching Dave sing his heart out to every stink'in song with such passion... they are just a truly talented band. Unfortunately, the last four years living here in Charleston has required me to travel out of state every year to see him BUT!!!! this year he came to us!! He played at the single A baseball stadium which made it so much more intimate than any concert I've ever been to...the closest I've ever been to the stage. Here's a glimpse into our night (thanks to Heidi sneaking in her camera)
Heidi and I preparing for our night

This was at the end of the concert when the lights go on and everyone is disappointed that it's over
Look how close we were!



Perfect weather

Why does it appear that I was the only one drinking a cold beer on a hot night?

Mac lifting me up for a birds eye view...can you tell how big my smile was?

It was a good 4th of July.....a little Dave Matthews and a celebration of our 2nd anniversary on July 1st.

1 comment:

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

I was thinking about you guys on your anniversary-hope you got to enjoy it! So jealous of your awesome seats-I love Dave Matthews Concerts-so bummed Polaris is closed-although those lawn seats don't compare to yours at the Joe!!! Looks like so much fun!