Friday, April 27, 2012

All About Her

Since Benham was born a year ago (yes, yes, yes...I'm working on that post), it's been my priority to make sure that Maryn feels like she is, well, still my Baby Girl. If I make a comment that Benham is my 'Baby', Maryn quickly chirps in that she's my 'Baby Girl'. And that she is, forever. And she will always be the only Baby who gave me the greatest gift, parenthood. It's because of her that my dream came true. She's a special little girl and I never want her to forget it. It was mommy and Maryn day back in October when we went to see Disney on Ice. When I got on Ticketmaster to buy tickets, I did what I usually do, click 'best available'. When the price popped up I figured it what another money trap created by Disney, so I paid it. Never looking at where our seats actually were. Ends up, we were rink side. Like, need to wear a sweater because the air above the ice almost froze our boogers. It was AMAZING! Hate to use that word but it was, Amazing! She sat there with her hands clutched to her chest the entire show and let me tell you...her dreams came true that night. I might have teared up a little just watching the sparkle in her eye. We will be rink side again when it comes back to town.


We could have spit on Simba. 
Rafiki shook her hand and she still talks about that, 6 months later.

If you're bored and want to be reminded of what true and innocent pleasure looks like, just watch the joy on Mimi's face. And let me add that multiple times through out the night and days following, Mimi would thank me for taking her. 

We also took her to see The Greatest Show on Earth: Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus...without Benham. 
This is what she had to say to her brother.
Wasn't crazy about the cotton candy. 
She turned 3 on tax day and besides being my greatest refund, she is just the sweetest little southern peach. She's got a little southern accent that only a true native would have. She's about to have her first dance recital, graduate from her first year of school and a month before her birthday, she proved to be 100% completely potty trained day and night. She makes me so proud to be her mama and I want her to know it!
Maryn Amelia...You Are Loved!

No comments: