Friday, February 25, 2011

Raise the Roof

I have finally joined the rest of the world and got myself a smart phone. I'm usually 10 steps behind everyone else when it comes to electronics because I'm usually content with what I have. Why would I need internet and access to my email on my phone? Why would I need a larger megapixal camera or camcorder? Why would I need Skype on my phone? Why would I need GPS? Are you kidding me???? This phone is fantastic and now I'm not sure how I survived without it! Now I can give the play by play of my labor on Facebook..."3 centimeters...epidural in-I see heaven(that's if he gets himself in order and flips!)...10 centimeters...I'm pushing...baby's out" just kidding. Some people need a Facebook Intervention.
So, here's the first picture taken on the new phone and as you can see, Maryn is 'raising the roof' to the fact that her mother has now joined the 21st century.


And I'm raising more than just the roof.
This *thing* is getting big. I was in Chicago this past weekend for my best friend from high schools baby shower (she's due a week after me:) ) and I swear my belly sprouted overnight on Saturday. At the airport on Monday, a man looked directly at my belly and laughed. Apparently his wife has never been pregnant or he would have known better.

Nanny and Poppop know just the way to Mimi's heart...Mickey Mouse and candy in one! They really set me up on this one...try taking a Mickey Mouse shaped sucker away from a 22 month old! I had to dig deep into my repertoire of parenting to avoid serious injury to my daughter when the thrashing and hysterics began.
Mimi adores anything Mickey Mouse and can even spell his name.
An ENTIRE mouse ear
She gets the golden sticker for potty training!! Most days she is dry. It's a team effort. Sometimes she asks to go and sometimes we tell her to go. She usually has to check out each new public restroom whether she's got to 'go' or not. She's timed it perfectly in the grocery store...always saying 'I pee pee' when we are in the absolute OPPOSITE corner of the store. And we went 'pee pee' three times at Target the other day. I'm actually cool right now with all of these bathroom trips because wee man is sitting on my bladder and I can barely hold my swallowed saliva long enough between sudden urges but I keep imagining this circus in 2 months when I have a newborn strapped comfortably in his car seat and sissy here needs to check out the paint color in every public restroom we pass. We have not yet reached the point of bribery. No stickers, no tiny M & M's needed. Just a lot of clapping, dancing and singing. Oh, and hand washing.
Her *collection*
Grandma came to visit last weekend while I was away and I think she got tired of putting M's diaper on and off. A bag of pink Pull-Up's were purchased. They really do make life much easier. Grandmas always know best!

1 comment:

Anne Simmons said...

now aren't you glad i talked you into your droid???? love u!!!