Saturday, November 27, 2010

We've been feeling a little blue...

There is a violent stomach bug making its' rounds through Charleston this month. It's so contagious that you basically only have to look at the infected person and you're throwing up 24 hours later! I had to leave work during night shift only to get home with 3 minutes to spare before I was face to face with the porcelain god. Let me just say that I haven't thrown up in 10 years...my 21st birthday. Sweet baby Maryn woke up from her nap the next afternoon... throwing up in her crib:( Parenting is not for the weak of heart, or rather...weak of stomach. Not only do I currently have the sense of smell of a trained hound dog, but the gag reflex of a pregnant woman...a pregnant woman with a stomach virus:( That afternoon was not fun but we survived. Mare and I were feeling rather BLUE that week but we managed to share the BLUE with daddy in a different way...


Baby BROTHER is on his way and daddy hasn't stopped smiling since we shared the news with him!! I found out at work after sneaking an ultrasound:)

The grandparents are thrilled and are excited to see whether this baby will behave as well as M, despite the Y chromosome!

She's been hyped up on blue icing for the last week.
This is about as naughty as she gets. But I couldn't be upset that she was pulling on the curtains because that's a paper towel in her hand...she was cleaning my windows! I love having a daughter and I'm a little nervy about what this little boy is going to bring to the table. He's been kicking me since he was 15 weeks and the doctor mentioned that he's got really long femur bones!! I suppose he'll have Mac's height but that only means he'll tower over me in no time...I'm going to lose all my authority!
M got a taste of what a little brother will be like when we babysat Cole. She LOVED him and was so gentle and caring. Her touch is loving, her voice softens and she HAD to hold the bottle for him. He loved her too...sat in the bouncy seat and watched her every move with a smile on his face. Oh, I can't wait..

...until he did this to me and then I decided I could wait just a couple more months. BOYS!!
And speaking of naughty, this boy is not allowed on the couch. I think he thought he was camouflaged.
Ella's birthday party
Her first face painting
The adorable dress that Grandma and Poppop brought back from their trip to England.
We spent Thanksgiving morning at the park



Wearing Grandma's glasses just like she does
And digging her paws into Poppop's pecan pie
Post Thanksgiving dinner:)
We have more blessings than we can count and are most thankful for our beautiful daughter who has enlightened our lives in a way we never thought possible. We our thankful that our son will have a strong and caring big sister to look up to and that our children will grow up knowing their grandparents love them unconditionally. We are Thankful!

3 comments:

kendra said...

Yay Team Blue! I can attest that the girl boy combo with a similar distance in age has been tremendous and taught me so much. Continued blessings as you cook M's baby bro.

Jessica O said...

Whohoo! A boy:) As the big sister of a little brother myself, I can tell you that the brother/sister relationship is definitely one to be treasured! And Maryn's mommy instincts will come in handy- a boy can never have enough mothers! ;)

Erin said...

Congrats - a BOY!! That's wonderful :) So happy for you all.