Thursday, August 12, 2010

To Buffalo, For Love...

We headed to Buffalo for the wedding of Mac's good friend, Justin, and to visit with Grandma and Poppop and great Grandma and Poppop Loeper. It was a weekend full of L.O.V.E.
Thank you Distelhorst's for this oh so sweet romper, love it!
Grandma was so excited to see her baby, she couldn't put her down! Maryn was spoiled before we even arrived. Their house looked like Christmas in July!

So many new toys, she didn't know where to begin.

We made a quick day trip up to Rochester to see my grandparents and cousins. Every moment I get to spend with my Grandma and Poppop, I cherish. Time is short for them and I love them dearly. My Grandma is a woman of class. I have never seen her 'undone', the table was always set for unexpected guests, the fine china and silver were always used for dinner, and despite having a four story house...you would NEVER EVER find a speck of dust. My Poppop was a carpenter and had owned his own business, he was a hard worker! As a child, I would help my Grandma get all the saw dust out of shirt pockets before they went in the wash! He loves my Grandma tremendously! Unfortunately, over the last several years he has developed severe dementia and now has to live in an assisted living facility for his own safety. A couple of years ago, my grandparents had to sell their home that they lived in for 55 years in Pennsylvania and move to Rochester to be close to my aunt and cousins. Grandma lives in a senior living center and I know she misses her 'home' where she raised her three children, put up Christmas decorations and sat on her front porch sipping Shasta! They have lived such amazing and fulfilled lives with three children, nine grandchildren and six great grandchildren.

Marian Angela (Maryn's namesake) & Carl Joseph

Grandma helped Maryn on the carousel
They were having a good time:) Mommy sat this one out...they make me a little queasy.
Poppop and some of his great grandbabies
It's always hard saying goodbye



Sharing some treasures she found at the park
And stealing a hot dog off the table!
Hot tub time!
Don't worry, the temp was set low.
Splashing
I pulled a groin muscle just watching this
Grandma even bought Maryn a pool!
Which she decided was quite refreshing

Yeah! Poppop's home from work! Playtime!
Then of course, Mac had some wedding duties as a groomsman: golf, rehearsal dinner and lifter of the Jewish Hora chair:)


Mac's highschool friends:
Geoff, George, Mike & Justin (groom)



They had a martini bar at the reception with a few specialty drinks named after the groomsmen, I got a little toasty off the Mac Attacks!
Before the martini bar...

Justin is Jewish and Juliane is Catholic so they had a priest and a rabbi at the ceremony and did some of the traditional Jewish customs, like stomping on the glass and lifting the Hora chair! Juliane weighs 110 lbs wet and Mac still said it was hard!

I also got to see my friend, Kristi, who I used to work with before she moved out West. She met her husband Kevin at our wedding:) Mac and Kevin were high school and college friends. Note the Mac Attack in my hand....
...after the martini bar:) Come on, we don't get out much and sweet baby M was in the best hands possible!
Mac's friends are hilarious and we always have the best time when we get together.
Congratulations Justin and Juliane! You make a beautiful couple!

And congratulations to my brother Phil and his fiance` Laramie! That's right people, my 34 year old thought to be bachelor for life brother, has gotten down on his knee and finally asked Laramie to be his wife! We are so thrilled for them and can't wait for the wedding in San Diego! Love that town...and of course, love my brother too!

And, congratulations to my nursing school friend Jessica and her husband Brian!
They welcomed to the world, four weeks early, Miss
Katelyn Ann
July 26, 2010
3:09 am
6 lb 1 oz
18.5 in.

No comments: