Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Cummings Christmas 2011

Oh man, Blogger updated itself and grew its own brain and decided to insert my pictures wherever it chose fit. I am definitely not smarter than the blogosphere. Have no fear, Christmas is here! Mac said I'm crazy for staying up until midnight editing and downloading pictures but he's got to understand that my inability to get out of bed the next morning from pure exhaustion will totally pay off in like 30 years. Oh, and the fact that I've  exchanged vacuuming the giant tumbleweeds of Bode hair to blog is also something that I promised him would pay off in the long run. Just hang in there with me, honey! I promise I'll vacuum when Benham learns to crawl. I mean, the kid is walking but can't figure out crawling 101. He walks around the house pushing his walker but you lay him on the ground and he spins around like a greased dreidel. 
Hope your holidays were as bright and warm as ours!

These two rock my world! And if I had a million dollars I would totally have a litter of 'um!




Baby Jesus and Mary(n)
Stylin' and Profilin' in his tie and tweed pants


Deja vu 
Christmas 2011

Christmas 2009


At the time, he wasn't sure of Aunt Sue's gift, but now it's a fun keep away game with Bode
Mimi's princess hair accessories ended up in Grandma and Great Grandma's hair




Way too early Christmas morning
Don't you dare come down until mommy makes her cup of coffee!



 I had my eye on this really cute and subtle dollhouse for Maryn but all she wanted for Christmas was a castle! I have tried really hard to keep my home from being vomited on in the color pink, but her joy in this 3ft tall pink and purple monstrosity is worth the eye sore! We didn't hear a peep from her all afternoon and if you approached her castle, she would very politely lift her hand to your face and tell you to "please leave me alone".




 "Mom, you are seriously torturing this kid"


 Nanny got a wine fridge!!

 Maryn sat on Santa's lap and after she asked for her castle, she asked for a closet. A closet. Santa looked at me and asked "did she just ask for a closet?". That was a new one but Grandma and Poppop made her every wish come true!




And the only thing that Poppop asked Santa for was a remote controlled boat for his pool! Santa really came through this year.

  


 It's not all pink in our house, this girl loves trains too.


 Festival of Lights


 Nanny turned another year young!

 And we've trained another child to behave really really well in nice restaurants. 
My heart doubled in size this year and my arms are covered in bruises from pinching myself. We all have our own dreams. 
These four are mine.



2 comments:

Erin said...

You are definitely not crazy for staying up - Maryn and Ben will so appreciate that in 30 years!! What a beautiful post. Can't wait to hug those little children again!

TJ and Katie said...

So sweet Rebecca. The kids are adorable!