Thursday, October 14, 2010

Maryn is 17 months old!

Well, today was my last chance to squeeze in her 17 month pics before she turned a YEAR AND A HALF!!! tomorrow!! I think her 18 month pics in the big white chair will be her last, until of course her birthday. Things are never slow and steady around here and the last month has been filled with friends, trips and birthdays. We went to Chicago to see several of our friends and for Mac and I to go to the Dave Matthews concert at Wrigley Field. The trip was amazing...I just love that town!
Maryn continues to prove herself all girl and loves all things 'babies' and shoes. Mac actually thinks it's adorable and finally realizes that she will not be his tomboy...I do catch him in the back yard kicking the soccer ball with her though:) She loves to ride her bike, color with crayons, and push her baby in the stroller. She's saying more and more new words and just finally said the word milk...she has always just relied on sign language for that one. We are also right in the middle of a major food jag and she pretty much refuses to eat any vegetables or meat for that matter. Mac is a picky eater and it's frustrating at times when I want to make a certain dish or try a new recipe and I have to change things to accommodate his dull palate:) so I was determined not to have a picky eater. Well, we're either dealing with a common toddler battle or she really is her father's daughter. Time will tell and I don't really worry too much about it. We all know how sweet Miss Maryn Amelia is but she can really 'bring it' when it comes to tantrums! I usually stand there laughing at her until I figure out what's frustrating her or she gets distracted by something else. Tantrums are so funny to me for some reason. I'm not one of those moms who gets upset when it happens...I pretty much expect it at this age. It must be really frustrating for these little people to express themselves when they can't exactly verbally do so. She always gets a kiss and a hug when she comes back to reality:)
Despite these minor flaws, she is still the coolest kid I know and is going to be such a great friend. Her heart is larger than life and she lives to share.
We like her...A LOT!
Maryn Amelia
17 months



My birthday was on the 9th but we were busy celebrating Ashton's 1st birthday that day. I just sort of pretended that everyone was singing 'happy birthday' to me;) Her mommy asked me to take some pics of the party and here are just a couple of my favorites.
Not so sure about this icy owl cake....'hmm, what am I suppose to do with this?"
It didn't take long

Happy 1st Birthday Ashton Elizabeth! We love you!
Opening presents with mommy and daddy
She loves her gift that Maryn, Ella, Cole and Lauren gave her!! Maryn got this bike in pink from Grandma and Poppop and loves it as well....the girls will be cruising down our street in no time!
Just a couple years ago, the four of us ladies had no responsibilities and could enjoy a cold beverage any night of the week....it seems as though we've multiplied and a cold beverage now refers to milk!

3 comments:

Created Amiably said...

Oh how I miss you ladies!! Maryn is adorable!! And I sure know about crazy tantrums! Mia is only 14months and she can sure bring them!!!

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

I miss all you girls too!!! Sorry guys-Emily's 4, and the tantrums are still coming!!! Love watching all the kids growing up! Maryn is beautiful!

The Ziejewski Family said...

Maryn is getting so big and so beautiful. The big white chair doesn't look so huge anymore, it is amazing how fast the time goes. Glad to see you are enjoying each stage, even the tantrums.