Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Maryn is 16 months old!

Maryn Amelia or "Maynin A-meme" as she says, is 16 months old! It has been a very busy and eventful month. We spent a week in August at Point O'Woods, Mac's family house on Fire Island, NY....relaxing and enjoying the beach, fishing, reading and riding bikes. It's our very own slice of heaven...I'm sorting photos and will hopefully post soon. Maryn is talking our ears off and says new words every day. I can now randomly ask her to say a new word and 50% of the time she'll repeat me or at least try to. A couple of her new favorites include shoe, Poppop, bait (we did a lot of fishing on vacation), car, Bo-Bo (for Bode), Nanny, Blair & Will (Mac's cousins), cracker, meow, neigh, and night night. Grandma and Poppop spoiled Miss M terribly while we were on vacation and it took me about 3 days to whip her back into shape after we returned. The word 'no' never came out of Grandma's mouth for the entire week. Uncle Tim taught Maryn: "What does Grandma say, Maryn?" and Maryn answers by saying "yes, yes"! Hilarious! We spent Labor Day weekend with my parents and went to the Bluegrass and BBQ Festival...photos soon to come:) You all know the pink cowgirl boots made an appearance!
About 2 months ago, I noticed that Maryn would often pat her diaper and I never really thought anything of it. Several weeks ago, she looked at me, then tapped her diaper, so I took a peek down the back of her pants and sure enough she was pooping at that very moment. I finally realized that she was trying to tell us that she was going potty. I bought a little potty and she has gone poopy twice!!! I am by no means pushing her to potty train at 16 months but if she tells me, we sit for a couple minutes. I've sort of let Maryn lead me in my parenting. I follow her lead on most issues. Children develop at different rates, they reach developmental milestones at different times and as a parent, you need to be flexible and cater to each individual.
Oh sweet girl, Happy Sweet 16 months!

A little light reading. Just a couple subtle hints:)
5.5 teeth and counting!

She's a mommy's little helper. Just today while I was unloading the dryer, she marches into the laundry room, grabs a shirt out of the dryer, holds it up under her chin and starts folding it...she doesn't miss a single thing that we do!
I'm not going to pull a Kate Gosselin and show you the picture I took of her actual 'first poopy', cuz you all know I took a picture of it, but I will show you the stunned look on her face mere minutes after her accomplishment;)
What's better than a nice poop in front of the fireplace?
Sometimes she forgets to put her pants back on
I finally got her a baby doll stroller and Maryn can't believe it's hers! She is so proud to push it around and smiles from ear to ear! She actually tries to drag it up the stairs at night. She is such a little mommy.

Things she currently loves:
books at bedtime
her bunny lovie and monkey lovie named George
SHOES!!
Gymboree
her bike and wagon
listening to her music on the ipod
and anything that has to do with water!

No comments: