Friday, July 9, 2010

Fourth of July, Four Years...& Pigtails!!!

Remember this dark haired baby...

...and her proud big brother on the 4th of July last year?

Unfortunately, I had to work the 4th of July this year. The 4th is one of my favorite holidays and to me it means: hot weather, swimming pools, popsicles, fireworks, fried chicken, watermelon, freedom and oh yeah....cute babies in red buckets:)
Look at what a year will do!

The furry blonde will be turning 2 on the 14th...cake and ice cream it is!!
After the photo shoot, he thought it was funny to steal the flag and prance around the yard. M was cracking up!
Despite having to work on Sunday, we made the most out of our weekend and went for bike rides, played at the park and swam in the pool.

"My daddy's the BEST!"
"That's a long way up"
Mid bike ride...momma needed a rest!



Dancing her little heart out...she was trying to keep up with the lady in the acid washed jeans to her right:)
These boys were totally hitting on her! Mac later told her to stay away from boys with long hair.



Cheating at cornhole
We had a fun time at the Daniel Island 4th of July kickoff party...water slides, music, food and lots of DOGS!!!
Bax came to hang out too:)
"Don't your feet work, Baxton....get up and dance with me?!"
One tired baby
Mac and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on July 1st and enjoyed a quiet evening on the deck watching the neighbors light off fireworks. We have plans to sneak away to NYC one day while we're up on Fire Island for vacation to see a show on Broadway.
I love this man and I'm so glad I get to kiss him goodnight for the rest of my life. I think he makes pretty cute kids too:)
Bode watching the fireworks...they don't phase him


I'm one fortunate gal
This happened this week.....PIGTAILS!!!!!! I have been waiting for this moment and now that it's here...it scares the crap out of me!! She looks like she's five!!! And I'm not alright with that!!!
"Thank you Great Aunt Sarah for the cute Hanna Andersson dress....so comfy and momma says it washes well...whatever that means"
"And thank you Uncle Tim for the hair clips!"

Post bath time hair salon:)
Someone's top tooth is trying to make it's appearance!!!
Momma loves you beautiful girl!

2 comments:

scummings said...

Do we get to babysit when you go to NYC?

The Grammarian said...

Despite rapid aging effects, BIG FAN of the pigtails!!