Saturday, December 19, 2009

Rockin' around the Christmas tree...

have a happy holiday!
This Christmas season has been more magical than ever having Maryn in our lives. She brighten's each and every one of my mornings at approximately 7:15 a.m. and continues to amaze me with every passing hour. I used to babysit a lot when I was younger and there were times when the day seemed to go on forever and I used to wonder if it would feel like that when I had my own children. There aren't enough hours in the day!! She is learning so much so quickly that it amazes me she can ever fall asleep with her brain racing like that. I get so excited for her when she figures out how to do something new. She is really starting to pull herself up on the furniture and when she does she turns to us with this HUGE smile and starts dancing in excitement. It's so cool!
We had to remove the coffee table and replace it with an ottoman I had in our bedroom to avoid stiches to her forehead. And yes, I know...I shouldn't let her play with cords.
Standing!
This is the Hallmark Snoopy that plays music, her great grandma Loeper got it for her when we visited. She loves this thing and dances so hard to it sometimes that she falls over!
She put on a concert with Snoopy....that white ball is a rattle...she kept the beat while Snoopy played the piano
She shakes it by her ear to hear the jingle while I sing 'shake shake shake...shake shake shake...shake your bootie'!
I was so that kid who would find my Christmas gifts hidden in my parents closet or the basement...I would unwrap them to see what I was getting and then rewrap them. Sorry mom and dad..the truth comes out! Sooooooo, I couldn't stand it any longer...I had to give Maryn a sneak peek of one of her gifts!! It plays music...of course!
We styled her hair just like daddy's! She's got daddy's eyes, daddy's hair, daddy's ears, daddy's nose, daddy's lips and daddy's blood type....a true Junior M.A.C.!
And daddy's little smirk
I got a taste of what having two small children would be like the other morning. I babysat sweet Ashton while my friend Laura rushed around town to get her errands done for the holidays! You need good time management skills for this!
"Mom!!! Look what Santa brought me....my very own baby doll!"
And some how or other...Maryn's bow ended up on Bode :) He puts up with our crap.

6 comments:

Marita said...

Are you kidding me!?! She looks so happy and content with Santa. Most kids are screaming and crying at the sight of him. You've got a real special (and perfect) girl on your hands there, Reba. XO! Merry CHRISTMAS!!!

Unknown said...

Reba, she is so adorable! Love your Christmas card, too :)

Jaclyn Slattery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaclyn Slattery said...

Merry 1st Christmas Baby Maryn! Love you (and your mom and dad too!).
Aunt Jac

The Ziejewski Family said...

Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family. Can't wait to see the post of Maryn opening her gifts. Christmas morning with little ones is so very special, enjoy!

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

I can't believe how big she looks next to Ashton!!! What a fun time of year-so different with kids-and it keeps getting better every year!!!

Oh-and that is a super creepy Santa!!!!